itslearning Plans, Planner
How to use the itslearning plans feature to organize a course, deliver lessons
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
itslearning Plans, Planner
System Preferences: Latest Chrome OS
Itslearning courses can be organized in two ways: folders and pages, or via the plans/planner feature. Plans allow the user to organize entire units or chapters easily, and all "plans" automatically have a folder created in the "Resources" tab so that the materials can be accessed from this menu, as well. The play plan feature in itslearning plans allows the user to create an "active" plan at a certain date, that appears as a start button on the course overview page, guiding the learners through the components of the plan step by step.
Learn how to get started with itslearning plans by following the steps below.
- Go to the course from your courses drop down menu. Then, click “plans” tab on the course banner.
- Click “add topic”. A “topic” in the planner is comparable to a unit, or a week, in the school year. You will add individual lessons (plans) to the topic.
- When your topic is created (ex: Week 1), click the “add plans” button under that topic. A blank will appear.- it will resemble a table where you will be able to add a title, date, goal, and resources.
- Before you begin working on the plan and typing in information, you may want to change your plan’s settings, namely what the columns/headers are for the plan- known as “fields”.
- If you know you always want to organize your plans by title, date, goal, standards, resources, etc., you can configure this. Scroll to the top of your page and click the 3 dot function button and select “plan settings”. You can add and edit fields here to control what items will always show up in plans. As a note, the itslearning course template already creates some of the commonly used fields in the planner for you. Click save.
- You can now give your plan a title- 1.1, lesson 1, etc.
- You will need to add a date if you want students to have access to the plan for a certain amount of time.
- You can add lesson goals and additional resources here. Hover over the goal box, then click the pencil.
- This will open the rich text editor where you can add text, videos, pictures, links, and more. Click save when finished.
- Add resources to the plan- such as items you want the students to view or assignments to complete. You can create new resources.
- You must activate the plan. Click the checkbox.
- Click the “actions” dropdown menu and select “activate”. The plan will now appear as a play button on the "course overview" tab in your course. Students can now complete the activities in your plan!