If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
Audience: All Staff and Students
System Preferences: Any device or browser in a BCSC building, all Chromebooks signed into with their BCSC accounts
BCSC Content Filter
Why does BCSC use a content filter?
- To ensure that our students are protected from harmful content, unwanted contacts, and inappropriate material
- Required by CIPA as an E-Rate participating school district
What do I need to know about the filter?
- BCSC works with a partner to help filter our users content. This helps assure that BCSC students and staff have a filter that is constantly being updated.
- The content filter works remotely when the student is signed into a BCSC device or signed into any Chromebook with their BCSC account.
- Certain words are blocked from being searched.
- Weekly reports are created and sent to Principals and deans of any suspicious searches from students and staff. This would include drug use, suicide, hate groups, and more.
- Social media (Facebook, Snapchat, etc), streaming services (Netflix, HBO+, etc), most community sites (blogs, weebly, etc), and most image databases are blocked
- The filter changes daily. Updates to the filter are made by our vendor and by us.
- Browsing history is saved for all of our users for archived records.
BCSC's Content Filter is set for different grade levels and personel.
Staff: If you have a site that is blocked that you would like unblocked OR need a site blocked that isn't blocked, please submit a 360.
Content Filter block image below. In your 360 please note the URL and policy. IF your policy says default (like below) and you are a student or staff, please restart your device and try again. The default policy has the most restrictive settings.