Embedding YouTube in Canvas
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
- BCSC Transportation
- Food Service
- Administrative Assistants Meeting
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Safety and Security
- Use the video link
- Use the embed code from YouTube
- Use the plugin (currently blocking elementary students from viewing 8.11.23)
Using the video link
- Go to YouTube and click on the share button
- Copy the link
- Paste it into Canvas and hit enter. This will hyperlink the video AND create a small popup viewer for the students. This will NOT work if you hyperlink text to the YouTube video and it will get blocked. Use the full URL as its own link.
Using the embed code
- From the share link on YouTube, select “Embed”
- Copy the text on the right
- In Canvas, select the cloud icon
- Paste in the code and click “Submit”
Use the plugin (currently blocking elementary students from viewing 8.11.23)
- In Canvas, click on the plugin icon
- Select YouTube or add it under “View All”
- Search for your video or add the YouTube link to quickly find
- Insert into Canvas!