If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
Audience: All staff and students
System Preferences: Any device, Chrome browser preferred
What is Google Meet?
Video, audio, text conferencing tool
Available to BCSC staff and students
Supports up to 250 participants
Accessible via weblink or phone dial-in
Automatic closed captions available
Can be recorded and saves in Google Drive
Key Details and Settings:
Only BCSC staff can create a Meet conference call
Staff can control who can enter a Meet
Staff can control microphones in a Meet (mute)
Staff can remove participants in a Meet
Staff can rejoin prior Meets, students cannot
Staff members can record/save Meets
Only staff members can use “present mode”
Beginning a Meet
- Go to Google Meet- meet.google.com, click “Join or Start Meeting”
You MUST give your meeting a nickname!
- Helps with security settings and closing the call
- Click continue when finished
- When prompted, grant access to your mic and camera. Then, click join call.
- The join info will appear. You can copy and share this info with students so they may join via weblink or dialing in. Close the window.
Meet Controls and Features
- Mic, camera, closed captions, and “present mode” toggles are all visible on the bottom toolbar.
- Click the 3-dot button in the bottom right corner for the option to record the call.
- List of call participants, text-based chat with participant tools are located on the top toolbar.
- Participants may need permission to join.
- To mute a participants’ microphone, click their icon and the microphone button.
- When ready to wrap up a call, instruct students to leave the call by hanging up/exiting. Students MUST leave a call before a teacher. The teacher can remove the student from the call by clicking the student from the participant menu and click “remove from call”.
- When all students have left, the teacher can leave the call. The join link expires within 30 seconds of the teacher leaving.
- If recording, the file will upload into Google Drive within a few hours in a folder, “Meet Recordings”.