VPN access - eligibility and requesting
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
- BCSC Transportation
- Food Service
- Administrative Assistants Meeting
System Preference: NA
What is VPN access?
- A virtual private network (VPN) provides authorized users with secure access to the BCSC network and systems from a remote location. VPN access to the BCSC network is seldom needed to complete work remotely. Most BCSC systems are available without use of a VPN.
Who is eligible?
- BCSC employees with a business need to access systems on the BCSC network that are not accessible from outside the network.
- Vendors who provide remote support to BCSC systems that are not accessible from outside the BCSC network.
How do you request access?
- Enter a 360Facility work order outlining your request. Please include:
- Name of the person needing access
- Reason for requesting access
- List of systems/resources that will be access via the VPN
- The period of time when access is needed (start and end date, continuously, etc.)
- Your supervisor's name or, if you are requesting vendor access, the BCSC employee contact for the vendor
- The work order will be escalated to the Director of Technology for approval.
- You will receive an email with instructions for accessing the VPN if your request has been approved. If it has not, you will receive the information as part of the 360Facility work order closure.
If you have additional questions about this document, please see a member of your building tech support team.