Adobe Acrobat DC Not Available to PDFs in Google Drive
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- New Employee
- Support Ticket
- Teacher Resources
- Human Resources
- BCSC Transportation
- Food Service
- Administrative Assistants Meeting
Audience:Google Drive Desktop Users
System Preference: Windows, Adobe Acrobat DC (Pro Version)
Problem; Inside Google Drive there should be a option to open with Adobe Acrobat DC (pictured below) there are several situations where this menu does not contain Adobe Acrobat DC which prevents the user from editing PDFs easily from within Google Drive.
Example of Correct Functionality;
Example of Limited Functionality;
There are 4 main causes for this.
- Web browser is not Chrome How to Set Chrome as Default
- Only works in Chrome due to Google Drive for Windows
- Google Drive for Windows is not Running Install Google Drive for Windows
- Required for option to appear as the Chrome extension feeds info from it
- They have the Chrome Extension turned off;
- This extension is what allows Chrome to use 'Google Drive for Windows' to detect installed software
- Google account doesn't have Sync turned on: How to Turn on Google Sync
- Sync is required for all extensions to function